Do you see that I'm dying inside? Do you see that I'm dying of loneliness?
Now I find that my cell phone no longer accepts incoming calls. I called it from a payphone and got the following message: "802-376-0188 is not available at this time." It has been this way for the past few weeks. But yet I can place outgoing calls, and it has strong signal. Is this just some snafu at the cell phone company? Or is there some terriss provision that lets the feds turn off cell phones? What kind of weird world is this?
Do you see that it is vital that someone, anyone speak to me? My world for the past five years has been the inside of a sensory-deprivation tank, me thrashing around with goggles over my eyes and plugs in my ears. The only sensory input is what is generated inside my own mind. I am no closer to determining what is real today than I was six years ago. Nothing's real. Everything's real. Take your pick.
I am going insane by the simple lack of human contact. Am I being punished? Am I being protected? Who is in danger here? Me? Others? What is this place? What must I do to elicit some response from the System? I manage to get the Government Man to come and speak to me and then he's gone, as quick as he came. He arrived on the scene like a technician to fix V-Ger. He ran some diagnostics, made a few tweaks, and then packed up and left.
And that's it.
If I am to live incommunicado inside this dreamworld, then you will provide me with some essentials:
- I require the New York Times, the Washington Post, and the Rutland Herald delivered to my home daily.
- I require two cans of coffee per week.
- I require one can of American Spirit tobacco per week, along with a box of light tubes.
- Arrange to have the Schwann's Man deliver some frozen foods to the house so that I may eat.
- I want a television and cable TV with internet. The full package with movies-on-demand.
- The house needs to be taken care of and the taxes paid. I don't want the Sheriff to come and tell me that I have to leave.
- And I want some walking around money.
- And I want a modest bouquet of flowers.
If you people will not let me out of my prison, then you will at least provide for my needs.
Why will no one even speak to me?